Ghostshield: Iso-Tek 8540
ISO-TEK COMMERCIAL CONCRETE SEALER
Iso-Tek® 8540 VOC is a deep penetrating solvent based water repellent that protects against water-soluble deleterious materials, and freeze/thaw cycles. With it’s long established hydrophobic agents, and through the latest advances in nanotechnology, its intelligent nano particles provide even deeper penetration adding an extra layer of protection.
Once applied the change of the surface tension creates a surface environment that is hydrophobic forming an
effective shield that aides in a dramatic reduction of chloride and water absorption.
APPLICATIONSExceptional when used for:
- Applications: Reinforced concrete structures, Traffic-bearing concrete substrates, Bridge decks and substructures, Concrete ramps and barriers, Parking garages, Stadiums and buildings, Plazas
- Substrates: Concrete, Brick and Masonry, Stucco, CMU, Exposed aggregate, Pavers
- Composition - 55% actives nano technology driven high-performance isooctyltriethoxysilane. Its smaller molecular structure allows for deeper penetration increasing performance
- Exceptional waterproofing - Penetrates deep within the concrete chemically reacting within the pores and capillaries creating a long-lasting hydrophobic surface that beads water
- 100% breathable - Non-film forming. Allows moisture within the concrete to escape without adverse effects to the sealer. Does not trap moisture
- Protects against chloride ion penetration - Forms an effective chloride screen dramatically reducing chloride ion ingress preventing deicing salt / chloride damage
- Resists oxidization - Protects reinforced concrete by limiting surface water content and inhibits rust and corrosion of rebar in reinforced concrete
- Resists moisture intrusion - Resists wind-driven rain, spalling, pitting and cracking.
- Resist organic growth - Mold, mildew lichen and efflorescence
- Department of Transportation - Meets or exceeds DOT specifications
- Resists freeze thaw & thermal cycling damage - Resists ASR/alkali attacks by preventing the ingress of water
- Provides ease of maintenance and good adhesion for paints
- Improves durability - Prevents capillary uptake of water and the aggressive substances dissolved in it
- Natural flat finish - Does not change surface appearance, UV stable, will not breakdown with light exposure
- Can be applied to cured, honed and polished concrete - Ideal for horizontal surfaces exposed to pedestrian and vehicle traffic, compatible with silicate densifiers
- Solvent based - excellent for cold-weather applications
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.